DALLAS – All did not go to plan for today’s live UFC 171 fighter weigh-ins, and three fighters, including headliner Johny Hendricks, were over on their first attempt. However, the main-event fighter made it on his second attempt.
Hendricks initially weighed 171.5 pounds for his bout with Robbie Lawler, which is for the vacant welterweight title. Hedricks had two hours to make the 170-pound limit for the title fight. Seven minutes prior to the deadline, he hit the scale again and successfully made 170 pounds, avoiding a potentially disastrous affair for both him and the UFC.
Although the fighter looked drained on his successful second attempt, he’s now cleared to still fight for the vacant belt.
Preliminary-card fighter *Renee Forte (157) missed weight and will surrender 20 percent of his purse to his opponent. However, Kelvin Gastelum (171) finally made weight on his third attempt.
The full UFC 171 weigh-in results included:
MAIN CARD BT Sports (UK) , pay-per-view, Fight Pass
- Johny Hendricks (170) vs. Robbie Lawler (170) – for vacant welterweight title
- Carlos Condit (170.5) vs. Tyron Woodley (170)
- Myles Jury (156) vs. Diego Sanchez (155)
- Hector Lombard (170) vs. Jake Shields (171)
- Nikita Krylov (205) vs. Ovince St. Preux (205)
- Kelvin Gastelum (171) vs. Rick Story (170.5)
- Jessica Andrade (135) vs. Raquel Pennington (135.5)
- Dennis Bermudez (146) vs. Jimy Hettes (145.5)
- Alex Garcia (1705.) vs. Sean Spencer (170)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)
- Renee Forte (157)* vs. Frank Trevino (155)
- Will Campuzano (125.5) vs. Justin Scoggins (125)
- Robert McDaniel (184.5) vs. Sean Strickland (185)
- Daniel Pineda (145) vs. Robert Whiteford (145)
- *Renee Forte is the only fighter who could not make weight on his second attempt, therefore surrenders 20 percent of his purse to his opponent for missing weight.
**Johny Hendricks makes weight on his second attempt, weighed in at 170 pounds.
*** Kelvin Gastelum made weight on his third attempt.