UFC Lightweight Champion Anthony ‘Showtime’ Pettis puts hit belt on the line this Saturday, March 14th at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas for UFC 185 to face Rafael dos Anjos for the Lightweight Championship Title.
Pettis,whom is a long time student at the Roufusport MMA Academy in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, which also happens to be the training home of newly signed UFC fighter CM Punk, for which he also stated that CM Punk will accompany him to the octagon for his fight against Rafael dos Anjos at UFC 185 said “we want to make him feel part of the family”.
You can watch the whole interview that took place with Inside MMA in the video below:
Video Credit: InsideMMA AXS TV
DALLAS – All did not go to plan for today’s live UFC 171 fighter weigh-ins, and three fighters, including headliner Johny Hendricks, were over on their first attempt. However, the main-event fighter made it on his second attempt.
Hendricks initially weighed 171.5 pounds for his bout with Robbie Lawler, which is for the vacant welterweight title. Hedricks had two hours to make the 170-pound limit for the title fight. Seven minutes prior to the deadline, he hit the scale again and successfully made 170 pounds, avoiding a potentially disastrous affair for both him and the UFC.
Although the fighter looked drained on his successful second attempt, he’s now cleared to still fight for the vacant belt.
Preliminary-card fighter *Renee Forte (157) missed weight and will surrender 20 percent of his purse to his opponent. However, Kelvin Gastelum (171) finally made weight on his third attempt.
The full UFC 171 weigh-in results included:
MAIN CARD BT Sports (UK) , pay-per-view, Fight Pass
- Kelvin Gastelum (171) vs. Rick Story (170.5)
- Jessica Andrade (135) vs. Raquel Pennington (135.5)
- Dennis Bermudez (146) vs. Jimy Hettes (145.5)
- Alex Garcia (1705.) vs. Sean Spencer (170)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)
- Renee Forte (157)* vs. Frank Trevino (155)
- Will Campuzano (125.5) vs. Justin Scoggins (125)
- Robert McDaniel (184.5) vs. Sean Strickland (185)
- Daniel Pineda (145) vs. Robert Whiteford (145)
- *Renee Forte is the only fighter who could not make weight on his second attempt, therefore surrenders 20 percent of his purse to his opponent for missing weight.
**Johny Hendricks makes weight on his second attempt, weighed in at 170 pounds.
*** Kelvin Gastelum made weight on his third attempt.