Gunnar Nelson released the news him self today, (rather than all the ‘hear say stories), that due to injuring his knee during practise last week, for which he will have to undergo surgery on, he has and rightly so pulled out of the co-main event at UFC Liverpool.
Nelson said “I’m sorry to my family, my opponent, my teammates, the fans and the UFC.
“This is a huge blow to me and I’m at a loss for words to describe the disappointment I am feeling. I was really feeling up for this fight, the training camp was going great and everything was just perfect until this happened. When all is said and done this is the fight business and injuries are sometimes an unfortunate part of it given the physical rigors us athletes put our bodies through. I will keep on evolving as a fighter while I’m on the sidelines and I’ll be back as soon as I can”. – we here at fiveroundswithemma, wish Gunnar a speedy recovery.
There is speculation that Neil Magny will still be on the card and a new opponent is being sought after as I type this statement.
Stay tuned to see who his opponent will be for the co-main event in UFC Liverpool on Sunday May 27th.